The Grey Stuff
Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! Kate has recreated the weird and wonderful treat from Beauty and the Beast.
- Shortbread biscuits:
- 225g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 400g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- The Grey Stuff:
- 1 sachet banana Angel Delight or vanilla instant pudding mix
- 15 Oreos, finely crushed
- 300ml milk
- 225ml double cream, whipped
- To decorate:
- raspberry jam, seedless
- 30 mini red velvet cakes
- Pearl sprinkles
- Crushed Oreos
- For the shortbread biscuits, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and beat until the mixture starts to come together. Pour mixture out onto a clean worktop and use your hands to bring it together. Give it a slight knead before rolling it out to 6mm thick.
- Using a round 7cm cookie cutter, with frilly edges, cut out the shortbreads and place them onto baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180ºC. Leave on a wire rack until cool.
- To make the grey stuff, make the Angel Delight or pudding mix to package instructions and leave in the fridge until set.
- Once set fold in the crushed Oreos before folding in the whipped double cream. Place in the fridge until firm then spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped tip.
- To assemble, add a small dollop of jam to the centre of each shortbread. Place a mini red velvet cupcake upside down on top of the jam.
- Pipe a small dollop of the grey stuff on top of the cupcake. Then pipe around the cupcake, swirling it up to completely hide the cupcake.
- Decorate with crushed Oreos and pearl sprinkles. Enjoy :D