The Secret Life of Fruit
You've been cutting fruit wrong! Here's our tricks to getting the most from your fruit!
- Strawberries: use a straw from the bottom tip, up through the stalk to push the stalk off the top.
- Kiwi: slice one end off then use a spoon to scoop out the inside.
- Pomegranate: slice through the skin all around the middle, then pull apart into two halves. Put face down over a bowl and hit the back with a wooden spoon so that all the seeds fall out into the bowl.
- Pineapple: cut pineapple in half, lengthways, then into quarters, slice along the skin and then slice widthways into segments.
- Grapes: place grapes onto a plate, top with a plate turned upside down and then slice through the middle with a serrated knife.