The Showdown: Chocolate Mousse
In episode one of The Showdown, Topless Baker and Venetia go head to head with two epic Chocolate Mousse recipes!
- 4 Eggs
- 60 grams Dark Chocolate (70 percent Cocoa)
- 60 grams Good Quality Milk Chocolate
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites, slowly adding the sugar until you have soft peaks.
- Melt the chocolate in two separate bowls over a ban marie. Once melted take the bowls off the heat and quickly stir in 2 eggs yolks into each bowl of chocolate.
- Evenly split the egg whites and fold a third into each chocolate mixture until combined. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites until combined.
- Layer the dark chocolate mousse into the bottom of a serving glass, then top with an even layer of the milk chocolate mousse. Tap the glass on the table to flatten it, and then set in the fridge for 2-3 hours to firm up.
- Serve with a dollop of soft whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 150 grams dark chocolate (70 percent cocoa solids)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Couple of fresh mint sprigs
- 25 milliliters rice milk (I like Rude Health)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the chocolate on a bain marie then set to side to cool a little.
- Place the remainder of the ingredients plus the avocado flesh and melted chocolate in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ramekins and set in the fridge for 2 hours minimum.