The Showdown: Ultimate Sandwich
Episode two of The Showdown answers lifes most important question. What makes the ULTIMATE sandwich?!
- 150g of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 peeled and chopped ripe banana
- Toss the coconut in the bacon spice mix then bake on a lined baking tray and set in a preheated 170 degree oven for 11-12 mins, tossing half way. Allow to cool.
- Toast the bread. Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together and then spread on the bread. Add slices of chopped banana and the bacon and sandwich together.
- 350g Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Red Chilli
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- 200g Pork Mince
- 200g Beef Mince
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 White Onion
- 25g Shaved Parmesan
- 1 Slice of bread, blitzed
- 1 Egg
- To Serve:
- Ciabatta Roll
- Start with the sauce. Chop your tomatoes, garlic, basil and chilli and place them onto a baking tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 mins at 200c or until the tomatoes are soft and golden.
- Once cooked, add them to a food processor and blitz.
- For the meatballs, fry the onions & garlic until soft. Add these to a bowl along with the mince, egg, breadcrumbs,
- parmesan & seasoning. Mix together with your hands and roll into balls the size of golf balls.
- Fry the balls in a pan until golden and then add to a dish with the tomato sauce. Bake at 180C for 20 mins.
- Add the meatballs to a toasted ciabatta, top with more sauce, shavings of parmesan, & thinly sliced mozzarella.
- Finish with rocket and serve.