- 115g salted butter, softened
- 80g light brown soft sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 325g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g dark chocolate chunks
- 150g milk choc chunks
- Beat together the butter and sugars with an electric whisk for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue to beat until fully incorporated. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix again.
- Finally, fold through the chocolate chunks.
- Roll into 7 balls (these should weigh approx 150g each) and place on a baking tray in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Leave plenty of space between each cookie, then bake on a greaseproof paper-lined tray for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes on the tray.