Ciara’s Thousand Island Fish Finger Sliders
These Thousand Island Fish Finger Sliders are the perfect dish for your next party or family meal! With homemade slaw and Thousand Island Dressing, these are a great way to level-up your average fish finger sandwich.
- 10 Birds Eye Cod Fish Fingers
- 10 mini burger buns
- Large handful lettuce
- 60g light mayonnaise
- 20g ketchup
- 20g sweet pickle relish
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Pinch black pepper
- 100g white cabbage
- 100g red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- Small handful fresh parsley
- 70g half fat crème fraîche
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Cook the fish fingers: Preheat the oven to 230°C and add the Birds Eye Cod Fish Fingers to an oven tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Make the Thousand Island sauce: Simply mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, lemon juice and a little ground pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make the veggie slaw: Chop the white and red cabbage into thin strips and add to a large bowl. Grate the carrot and add that to the bowl along with the chopped spring onions and chopped parsley. Add the crème fraîche, lemon juice, garlic powder and a little salt and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- To assemble: When the Birds Eye Cod Fish Fingers are cooked, remove from the oven and chop them in half.
- Lightly toast the mini burger buns under the grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a little of the Thousand Island sauce to the bottom of each mini burger bun. Add some lettuce and two halves of a Birds Eye Cod Fish Finger. Add the top of the burger bun and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- To serve: Plate up the mini sliders on a board with a bowl of the remaining Thousand Island sauce and the veggie slaw on the side.