Toffee Apple Doughnuts
Doughnut be mistaken, this recipe is next level
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 4 Bramley apples
- Blend butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk. Add flour, baking powder and knead lightly.
- Roll into balls a little larger than golf size and deep fry on high until golden brown.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and roll hot dough balls in it.
- Toffee apple sauce:
- Boil can of condensed milk (whole can) for 6 hours.
- Bake Bramley apples at 120*C for 1 hour.
- Scrape the flesh from the Bramley and beat with the cooked condensed milk.
- With a large syringe inject each doughnut.