- 320 grams sheet Jus Rol puff pastry
- 50 grams pine nuts
- Large bunch of basil
- 50 grams Parmesan
- 150 milliliters olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 large vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, drained and thinly sliced
- Basil, for sprinkling
- Toast the pine nuts in a small frying pan over a low heat. Add into a food processor with the basil, parmesan and chopped garlic and blitz until puréed.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Put the puff pastry sheet onto the parchment and prick all over with a fork. Fold the edges in to make a border and brush with beaten egg.
- Spread the pesto over the base and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the tart is crisp, top with lines of tomato and mozzarella and sprinkle over torn basil and cracked black pepper. Serve hot or cold.