Topless Baker's Cornflake Tart
Topless Baker is putting a spin on your favourite tart!
- 250g Plain Flour
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 100g Cold Unsalted Butter
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 3-4 Tbsp Seeded Raspberry Jam
- 55g Unsalted Butter
- 25g Light Brown Sugar
- 120g Golden Syrup
- 100g Corn Flakes
- Add the flour, icing sugar, salt and butter to a mixer and mix on low speed until you have a breadcrumb-like texture. Add the eggs, slightly beaten, and mix until the dough just starts to stick together. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Flour your work surface and roll out the pastry until it is about 1/4” thick.
- Lay it over a 25cm/9” fluted tart tin and gently push the dough into the corners. Remove the excess pastry and chill the tart in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Blind bake with baking beans at 180C/355F for 15m or until golden around the edge. Remove the baking beans, add a light egg wash to the pastry and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Spread the jam onto the base of the pastry.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan and then add the syrup and sugar. Cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the cornflakes to coat.
- Pour the corn flake mixture of the top of the jam, spread into the corners and bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
- Allow to cool before serving.