- 75 grams light agave syrup
- 100 millilitres water
- 150 grams fresh blueberries
- 175 millilitres freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 750 millilitres cold filtered still or sparkling water, depending on your preference
- Ice, to serve
- Fresh blueberries, to serve
- Lemon slices, to serve
- To make the blueberry simple syrup, combine the agave with 100 millilitres water in a saucepan set over a medium heat. Stir in the blueberries and bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer until the blueberries have broken down, and the mixture is slightly syrupy.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve and set aside to cool.
- In a large pitcher, jug or bowl (depending on how you want to serve your lemonade) whisk together the blueberry syrup, lemon juice and still/sparkling water.
- Serve in glasses with ice, fresh blueberries and lemon slices.