© 2017 Tastemade
Tres Leches Trifle
Create a free account with Tastemade to save recipes and videos!
Boozy, indulgent, and perfect for the festive period. You've got to try this!
2 Tins of Peaches
600 milliliters Vanilla Custard (ready made)
500 milliliters heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
400 grams condensed milk
400 grams evaporated milk
200 milliliters double cream
5 tablespoons Dark Rum
Vanilla sponge cake
5 large eggs (separated)
125 grams sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
140 grams all-purpose (plain) flour (sifted)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Chopped almonds and grated chocolate, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
3. Beat the egg whites on medium speed, 3 - 5 minutes.
When soft peaks form slowly add the sugar in small batches.
4. Whip until stiff peaks form about 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl beat egg yolks at medium-high speed
For about 5 to 6 minutes, or until the egg yolks become pale coloured, creamy and puffy. Stir in vanilla.
6. Pour the egg yolks over the egg whites, gently fold until
Just combined trying not to lose any volume from the
7. Fold in the flour little by little in the form of rain. Mix until
Just combined (over-beating will result in a denser, flatter
8. Pour the batter into the prepared sandwich tins.
9. Bake in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or
Until the toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let it cool.
11. Once cool, split the cake in half, flip the top of the cake
And place it on a base. Poke using a fork holes all over the
Cake to better absorb the three milk soaking liquid.
12. Tres Leches: whisk together the condensed milk,
Evaporated milk, cream and rum.
13. To assemble: Place one cake layer in the bottom of the
Trifle dish, flattest side up. Poke holes all over the cake with a
Fork. Pour the Tres Leches mixture over the cake.
14. Let the milk soak.
15. Top with custard, Peaches and whipped cream.
16. Poke holes all over the flattest side of the 2nd cake layer.
17. Set the cake layer over the whipped cream layer with
The flattest side up.
18. Pour the tres leches mixture over the 2nd cake.
19. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes if needed to help the milk
20. Top with the rest of the custard, cream, peaches and the
Remainder of the whipped cream. Decorate with chopped
Almonds and grated chocolate.
21. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours (or up to 24 hours) before serving. Serve chilled.
To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade AppDownload
Daily food & travel inspiration in your inbox