Tuna & Avocado Poké Bowl
This zingy fish dish will transport you to Hawaii in an instant
- 150 grams forbidden black rice, rinsed
- 200 grams sushi grade tuna
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or 1 tablespoon tamari, if gluten-free) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 60 milliliters orange juice thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated or minced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 French radishes, thinly sliced
- In a medium pot, cover the black rice with double the volume of water. Bring to the boil and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tuna into 2 centimeters cubes. Place the soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice and grated ginger into a bowl and whisk together. Add the tuna and toss gently to coat.
- Peel, pit and thinly slice the avocado.
- Divide the rice between 2 bowls. Top with the tuna, avocado, toasted sesame seeds, spring onion and the radishes. Pour over any excess marinade and serve.