Turkey and Cranberry Spring Rolls
Quite possibly the best way to eat some Turkey this Christmas
- Makes 4
- 200 grams turkey
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1/4 savoy cabbage
- 8 sage leaves, finely sliced
- 1 small white onion
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- Egg wash
- 1.5 litre vegetable oil for frying
- For dipper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Prepare the wrappers according to the packaging if needed. Finely chop the turkey and slice the onions and cabbage. In a medium bowl mix together all the filling ingredients, making sure that the onions are fine enough not to pierce the spring roll casing.
- If using square wrappers, place the wrapper with a point towards you. Double the wraps up so the filling doesn't come out when they go into the oil. Use around two tablespoons of mix and pack it in tightly. Start rolling the spring roll up, making sure the casing is wrapped tightly around the filling.
- Fold in the sides and use a little egg wash on the final point to ensure it sticks. Repeat with the other three spring rolls.
- Ensure the pan is filled with a good couple of inches of frying oil. Heat up to 350°F, you want to ensure the meat is cooked through before the casing is too crisp, so you may have to adjust the temperature slightly as you go along. Fry for around 4-5 minutes and then turn using tongs and fry again on the other side for the same amount of time. Blot on kitchen towel and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together the dipping sauce ingredients and serve along side the christmas spring rolls.