- Makes 4 burgers
- 500 grams minced turkey meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 90 grams bread crumbs
- 1 Bramley apple
- 1/4 cabbage, whatever type you have in for christmas
- 1 red onion
- Brie, sliced
- 1 small heart of romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 brioche buns
- Start by making the turkey patties. Place the mince into a bowl, with the egg the bread crumbs and seasoning. Divide the mix into 4 and make into burger patties. Leave in the fridge to rest.
- Make the slaw by finely slicing the onion and cabbage and cutting the apple into matchsticks and thin slices, no need to peel it unless you want to. Mix with 2 tablespoons of mayo, the grainy mustard and the white wine vinegar. Season to taste.
- Lightly grease the burgers and grill the burgers on a hot pan or griddle and cover, until completely cooked through. This should take about 12 minutes, turning halfway. Lightly grill the inside of the buns for a minute or so then start layering.
- Divide the remaining mayo between the buns, then some lettuce leaves, the burger, a few slices of brie to melt, the slaw, finishing with the cranberry sauce on the top bun. Ultimate turkey burgers.