- 3 Medium turnips, or 5-6 baby turnips - Grated
- 1 Banana shallot - Grated
- 1 Spring onion - Finely sliced
- Small handful of coriander leaves - Roughly chopped
- Sprinkle of purple pea shoots (optional)
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 Heaped tablespoon of wasabi horseradish (or a combination of both)
- 2 Free range eggs - whisked
- 2 tablespoons Wholemeal flour (adjust depending on consistency)
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- Generous sprinkle of white pepper
- Rape seed oil for frying
- Free Range Eggs - Allow one per person
- Prepare all ingredients then simply combine in a bowl. Heat your oil, around 1 centimeter deep in a frying pan and add a small teaspoon of mixture once oil has heated (it should immediately fizz if hot enough), fry on both sides then taste for seasoning and horseradish or wasabi and adjust if necessary. Next fry up your fritters, by place 1 heaped tablespoon of ingredients in the pan per serving. Gently pressing it down into a fritter shape so it's not overly thick and cooks through quickly. Cook until golden on each side, this should be around two minutes then remove and drain on paper towel. Keep warm in the oven on 50 degrees Celsius until ready to serve.
- Fry your eggs in the left over oil then serve with the fritters and garnish with purple pea shoots if using.