- 120 grams Whole wheat flour, plus a little extra plain flour for dusting
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon heaped marmite
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Make a simple dough by mixing the flour, water, oil, and salt. On a dusted surface, roll it out thinly using a rolling pin, into a rectangular shape. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, it's easier to mix if it's still hot, with the marmite.
- Use a pastry brush to paint the mix onto one side of the dough them carefully turn it over and brush the other side with a thin layer of the marmite mix. Cut the dough into really thin strips and twist the strips into the twiglet shapes. If they seem a little long, trim the ends too.
- Place on a linen baking tray and bake in the hot oven for about 6-8 minutes or until done.