Ultimate Breakfast Trifle
Love breakfast and dessert? Why not combine all your favourite treats in this epic breakfast trifle?
- 85g golden syrup
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 45g soft light brown sugar
- 180g rolled oats
- 50g bran
- 30g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 30g cashew nuts, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- large pinch of sea salt flakes
- 70g dried cranberries
- Mango compote:
- 2 medium/large mangoes, chopped
- juice of ½ a lime
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 245g chocolate chip brioche
- 300g raspberries
- 300g blueberries
- 500g natural yoghurt
- 200g mini Dutch pancakes
- For the granola mix together the golden syrup, sunflower oil and brown sugar in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Add in the rolled oats, bran, pistachios, cashews, cinnamon and salt and mix until everything has been evenly coated. Pour the granola onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and place into a preheated oven at 170ºC for 30 minutes giving it a mix every 10 minutes so the top doesn’t burn.
- Once baked leave to cool completely before mixing in the dried cranberries.
- For the mango compote add the chopped mango into a small saucepan followed by the lemon and lime juice and the sugar. Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Raise the heat and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until the mangoes have softened. Break some of the mango pieces down with the back of your spoon.
- Leave to cool completely.
- To assemble the trifle start by tearing up the brioche to create the first layer. Top with raspberries for the second layer.
- Spoon over half the yogurt and allow some to drip down the sides of the bowl.
- Add small dollops of the cooled mango compote on top before layering over the mini pancakes making sure to place them right to the edges so that the layers can be seen.
- Top with blueberries before adding the remaining yogurt.
- Finally, finish with more mango compote and decorate with by sprinkling granola on top.
- This is best served straight away, enjoy :D