- 100ml cold double cream
- 200ml freshly brewed filter coffee
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 50ml Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- Dark chocolate, to shave
- Pour the cream into a mixing bowl. The consistency of the cream is important: too thin and it will sink, too thick and it won’t pour into a neat layer. Whip the cream with a hand whisk until ribbon traces just begin to be visible on top of the cream. It will be frothy and still quite runny. Pour the cream into a small jug and put it back into the fridge.
- Warm the glass by filling it with hot water from the kettle. Leave it for a moment then tip the hot water out, and fill the glass with freshly brewed coffee leaving 2.5 centimetres at the top. Add the brown sugar and stir to dissolve it, then pour in the Baileys Chocolat Luxe and stir again.
- Get the prepared jug of cream from the fridge. Position a dessert spoon just over the top of the coffee. Pour the cream slowly over the spoon, it should glide over it and create a layer on top of the coffee. Pour enough to create a thick layer of cream, then grate a few shavings of chocolate on top and serve.