- 4 thick slices sourdough
- 100g soft butter
- 6 eggs
- 50ml double cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch cinnamon
- Icing sugar to dust
- Heart shaped cutters
- Use the heart shaped cutter to cut out hearts from each slice of bread.
- Put the hearts to one side, and spread butter on each side of the remaining bread.
- Put the read slices in a frying pan and cook on one side.
- Turn over, then carefully break an egg into each hole.
- Cook until the egg is cooked through - cover with a saucepan lid for 1 minute if you want to cook the white of the egg more.
- Whisk together two eggs, the double cream, cinnamon and vanilla. Add your bread hearts to the bowl and cover them with the egg mixture.
- Add some more butter to the frying pan, then gently cook your French toast hearts on both sides, until golden brown.
- Serve with berries and a dusting of icing sugar.