Vegan Chocolate Swiss Roll
Venetia shows us her recipe for the perfect chocolate swiss roll. Spoiler alert, it's vegan too!
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 chilled can full fat coconut cream (only the hard part)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g of melted dark vegan chocolate
- Desiccated coconut
- Crushed almonds
- For the dough, simply place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until you get a smooth dough.
- Line a square baking tin with parchment paper. Once the dough is ready, spread it evenly in the tin, pressing down with your fingers.
- Place the baking tin in your freezer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the coconut whip by scooping out only the firm part of cream from the can and placing it in a chilled bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and use a mixer to whip it up.
- Take out the dough from the freezer, take it out of the tin with the parchment paper and evenly spread the coconut whip on top.
- Slowly start rolling up the dough from one side until you have a firm roll.
- Place the roll back into the freezer and melt/ prepare your chocolate.
- Either melt your vegan dark chocolate or whisk together the ingredients for your homemade chocolate sauce.
- When ready, pour the chocolate over the roll, add toppings and let it dry in the fridge or freezer.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating when storing in the freezer!