You don't have to miss meringue just because you're vegan!
- For the pavlova:
- 140-150ml aquafaba (juice from 1 can chickpeas)
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 180g caster sugar
- 2/3 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- For the cream:
- 400ml can coconut cream, well chilled
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- To decorate:
- 250g mango
- 250g pineapple
- 2 kiwi
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 lime
- Coconut flakes, toasted
- Pre-heat the oven to 100c.
- Make the meringue: Pour the aquafaba into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk. Add the cream of tartar and whisk on medium speed for 3–5 minutes, until foaming. Increase the speed to high and whisk for 5–10 minutes to stiff peaks. Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking between each addition to a stiff meringue. Add the vanilla seeds and sift the xanthum gum over the meringue. Whisk for a further 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into the large piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe a circle of meringue with a decorative edge onto a sheet of baking paper. Bake the meringue for 1 hour 30 minutes, until crisp and dry. Remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool.
- Make the cream: Whisk the coconut cream with an electric mixer then add the sugar. Whisk to combine then spread over the meringue base.
- To serve: Decorate with the tropical fruits, grate over some lime zest and scatter with the toasted coconut flakes.