Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake
When your vegan friend says they miss cheesecake make them this awesome layered raspberry dessert!
- 200g pecans
- 10 medjool dates, stones removed
- 15g cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 125g raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 400g cashews, soaked overnight
- 300g coconut cream
- 10 tbsp coconut oil
- 150ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Line the cake tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Make the base: add the pecans, dates, cocoa powder and salt to a food processor and pulse until it forms a dough. Using the back of a large spoon, press the dough evenly into the bottom of the tin then set aside in the fridge.
- Make the raspberry swirl: in a small saucepan over a medium heat add the raspberries and maple syrup. Whilst stirring, allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes until the fruit breaks down into a syrup. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake: blend the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in the food processor until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the tin, spreading evenly.
- Next, add dollops of the raspberry syrup on top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, begin to make swirls through the cheesecake layer until you achieve your desired marble look.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours to firm up, then into the fridge until ready to serve. Remove from the tin and cut into 10 slices.