Veggie Rainbow Lasagne
This colourful lasagne, packed full of tasty roasted vegetables, is sure to brighten your day!
- 1 kilogram Beetroots
- 1 Large Squash
- 1.5 kilograms Tomatoes
- 500 grams Frozen Spinach
- 30 grams Vegetarian hard cheese
- 40 grams Grated Mozzarella
- 250 grams Ricotta
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Bulb of garlic
- 4 Sprigs of Rosemary
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Double Concentrated Tomato Puree
- 500 grams Fresh Lasagne Sheets, blanched for 2 minutes
- Start by chopping the butternut squash into cubes, around 2 centimeterss, and place on a baking tray with olive oil and a good pinch of salt.
- Scrub the beetroots and top and tail, then chop into equally sized chucks Place on a separate baking tray with olive oil and about 5 garlic cloves.
- Half the tomatoes and add to another tray with olive oil, salt, 4 garlic cloves and the few sprigs of rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the squash and the beets for 50 minutes until completely soft, place the tomatoes in the same oven after 15 minutes, so they are
- Soft at the same time. Separately, blitz the veg in the food processor, enough so it's both smooth and still has texture.
- Make the final filling by wilting the spinach down in a pan. Once ready, roughly chop the spinach on a board and add to a bowl with the ricotta, nutmeg and a good pinch of salt and pepper, mix together.
- Lightly oil a lasagne dish, around 25x30, and layer the bottom with an even layer of the spinach mix.
- Next layer on the lasagne sheets so it totally covers the layer. Spoon the beetroot layer on next, again covering with the pasta sheets.
- Follow this with the squash layer, cover with the final layer of pasta and top with the tomato sauce.
- Grate over the hard cheese and top with the mozzarella, and place in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.