- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 banana shallot
- 1 red chilli
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon or pancetta
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 200 grams pappardelle
- 50 grams mozzarella
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Finely slice the chilli, garlic and the shallot and sweat off on a low to medium heat with a good drizzle of olive oil. Let this cook down for around 10 minutes or so,
- Making sure it doesn't catch.
- Add in the tin of tomatoes and let this cook down till thick and all the ingredients have fused. Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small strips, and fry in a little oil until crisp.
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil and cook the pasta till al dente, this is just minutes if you are using fresh pasta. Once the sauce is at a good stage, place in a
- Food processor and blitz for a minute or two.
- Place the sauce back into its pan and add the cooked pasta, toss together to completely coat.
- Finish with the basil leaves, season and tear over the mozzarella.