White Chilli With Cheesy Tortilla Chips
A veggie spin our your favourite chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 500ml veg stock
- 200g tomatillo salsa verde
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chillies, chopped
- For the cheesy tortillas;
- 2 flour tortillas
- 50g grated cheddar
- 50g crumbed wensleydale
- For serving:
- lime wedges, coriander
- In a medium pot heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and fry until translucent then add the coriander stalks, green chiles and garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add stock, salsa verde, cumin and dried oregano. Mix together and cook for 15. Add the beans and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped coriander and other toppings like grated cheese and sour cream if you wish.
- To make the parmesan tortilla chips, preheat the oven to 180 C. Cut the flour tortillas into triangles and sprinkle with grated cheese. Place in the preheated oven for 3 - 5 minutes until golden and the cheese has melted. Serve with the soup.