White Chocolate and Peppermint Popcorn
What else are you going to eat while watching your Christmas flicks?
- 2 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 180 grams popcorn kernels
- To decorate:
- 250 grams white chocolate, melted
- Candy Canes, crushed
- Christmas sprinkles
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and cover the base with the vegetable oil.
- Add in two kernels and wait until it starts to sizzle and bubble at the sides. This is when the oil is hot enough. Add in the remaining kernels and give the pan a good shake to get the kernels covered in oil. Cover with a lid.
- It will take about 2-3 minutes until the popping starts. Once it starts popping make sure to keep the pan moving by giving it a good shake every now and then to stop the popcorn sticking to the bottom and burning. Lift lid if it becomes too steamy.
- When popping reduces take it off the heat and let the last few kernels pop with the heat of the pan. Pour into a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the melted white chocolate and toss until all coated. Transfer to a baking tray and level. Sprinkle over crushed candy canes and christmas sprinkles. Leave to set.
- Break up into smaller pieces and enjoy :D