Xmas Reindeer Blondies
You've never seen Christmas Blondies as cute as these!
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon sea salt
- 250g plain flour
- 120g butter
- 60g hazelnut oil
- 300g soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g good-quality dark, milk or white chocolate, or a mix of chocolates
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Red M&M’s
- Chocolate Cookie Icing
- Pretzel Twists
- Sugar Fondant Carrots
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a 23cm round cake tin and line with grease-proof paper.
- Whisk the baking powder, sea salt and plain flour in a bowl and leave to one side. Melt the oil and butter in a medium pan, over a low heat. Add the sugar, breaking up any hard clumps, and dissolve slowly. As soon as you have a golden caramel, remove the pan from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. (Don’t worry if the sugar is a little grainy, it will come back again once you add the remaining ingredients.)
- Leave to one side for 25 minutes, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour mixture with a large metal spoon, until everything is just mixed together – try not to over-beat it.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks and stir it in, then spoon the blondie mixture into the prepared tin. Smooth out into one even layer and pop into the oven for 30 minutes – until it is cooked, has a lovely crust but is still just a little soft.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack and leave the blondies to cool completely.
- Slice the blondies into 8 triangles. Poke the broken pretzel twists in the top sides. Place a dot of melted chocolate on top of the blondies to secure the edible eyes & M&M for the nose.